Saturday, July 29, 2006

Percussion

Last week, or was it two weeks ago...whatever, anyways I had the idea that I wanted to play my Didjeridoo and some percussion stuff at the same time. My original idea was to attach the various instruments, such as tambourine, woodblock, ect. to the didjeridoo itself, by using C-clamps. This wasn't the best idea and I quickly changed my mind while shopping at Mothers Music in Winnipeg. I bought the cheapest cymbal stand they had, an interesting and extremely useful percussion stand that clamps onto the cymbal stand. I then purchased a tambourine, woodblock and VibraTone (a cool sounding bell that you strike with a rubber mallet).
This is what it looks like:

I went out the other day and busked by Old Market Square with this stuff, quite fun!
I'll also keep you guys posted on new additions to this little kit, I think there will be many of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home