Tuesday, September 06, 2005

BOOOOOM!

..and then I heard silence followed by deafening rain and consistent thunder. The walls shook and I lay in awe of natures dominance over us as a human race. I then got up from my bed, grabbed my camera, and crept into the living room where my mother and father would soon join me. I then unplugged my ipod from its charger, as a power surge could fry it, and lay it safely down in a tiny wheelbarrow full of stuffed bears (don't ask). I then found that sheet lightning is almost impossible to take pictures of, especially when its so consistent and directly above you're house. I'd assume that almost every person in Oakbank and surrounding area was awoken by that storm, and I hear that The Peg got it worse then us! That's a cool feeling, that everyone was stuck in there houses, no power, at 1:30 in the morning. Getting back to sleep after the storm was surprisingly quite an easy feat. I lay my head down on my pillow and entered the sweet world of my dreamscape. I absolutely love dreaming, I am starting to be able to control my dreams, where they take place, the general mood, and sometimes the outcome. Although I do not realize that I am dreaming while I am dreaming (lucid dreaming) I still enjoy my time asleep.
I will start to post my dreams on this site, as I write them down when I wake up in the morning. More on that and dreaming in later posts.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey matt, it's an old friend, i guess you could say.

I too, enjoy writing down my dreams in story form lol...my dreams are becoming more and more premonitial by the days...it's to the point where i am waking up in a cold sweat with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

i wish i could have been there during that storm...because i love thunder and lightning...SOOO worth staying up all night for. in clear lake we got spit, that's it.

my favorite storm was the one where oakbank flooded over and all the power went out!

well, that's all i have to say...

very good writing and description...REALLY! i felt like i was there with you during every described moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home