Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A busy day.

I was out taking pictures today around the lodge, I was specifically shooting this little bridge we have here, the sun looked really cool coming through it. I wasn't actually able to take the shot for about 20 minutes because the bridge was packed with tourist (mostly Japanese, well who am I kidding, all Japanese). They would keep walking into the shot as I was about to take it, one of them actually came up to me, walked in front of my camera (on its tripod) and took the exact same picture as I was taking. He then said "looks cool" in very sketchy English and he and his two buddies ran off laughing. I didn't really know what to think but it made me laugh pretty hard.
The next people that come up to me are three Japanese girls that are taking pictures of each other (every tourist that comes through here has a camera and if not, then a cell phone camera) they just handed me the camera, gesturing that I should take a picture (free of charge I might add...hahah) of the three of them on the bridge, I did so.
One of them came up to me and said "Canadian?"
"Yes" I replied, "Japanese?"
"Yes" she said and they started giggling and then just ran off, in a similar fashion to that the three boys previous to their arrival had used.

All in 20 minutes of my day off.

On another note, the lodge has now closed down, yesterday was our Thanksgiving feast (which was huge, amazing tasting and came complete with two 11 lb. turkeys and three different kinds of stuffing). Yesterday was also our staff party, free beer, wine, pool, well pool is always free now because we have the whole lodge to ourselves. We sat around the firepit and played guitar and such. It was a good night. Since the lodge is closed I will be coming home soon, on the 14th to be exact. So I will be seeing all of you soon.

Ill post some pictures to go with these posts when I get back home.
I miss all you guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home