Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A relaxing, enjoyable, and easy day.

Shut down at the lodge, wow. I can go anywhere, anytime I want to, the lodge feels so much more like home now. Last night was really fun because it was movie night in the library, which is the old part of the lodge, we made a nice healthy fire in the fireplace that Jimmy Simpson himself built. Jimmy is the founder of Num-Ti-Jah, he is kind of a celebrity out here. We put on some Clone High which is one of the funniest cartoons I've seen. Some of us stayed in the library to sleep by the fire, some of us went back to our "homes" to sleep. The next morning (being this morning) I got up at 9:30 to take a shower, afterwards I proceeded into the kitchen to pour myself a cup of coffee and grab a croissant. I took my breakfast into the dining room and sat down to eat. We didn't actually get started working till about 11:00, but it was the most relaxing work ever, you could tell that everyone was content and easy going. I was wrapping sets of 12 pieces of cutler and James Keelaghan was singing on the stereo. We cleaned out the entire dining room today but it was fun, and I got off work at 2:30.
Me and Tabitha were sitting by the creek beside the Taj, which is the name of one of the staff accommodations here, when she decided to jump right in for a dip. I would have joined her if I hadn't have done the same thing down by the lake two night before. She screamed pretty loud, well loud enough to hear it echo several times in the mountains behind us. It was such a beautiful day at Bow Lake, sunny and hot, one to be remembered.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey Matt,

On your recommendation, I watched some Clone High. I agree, it's pretty funny.

Just so you know, I think that just about all the episodes are available on YouTube. Check them out when you get home.

See you in December bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home