Friday, October 13, 2006

My last day here.

Well tomorrow I leave Num-Ti-Jah Lodge at 10:00 am, take a bus at 11:00 that takes me to the airport. My flight leaves at 5:50 pm so I will have a lot of time to kill. I'll probably get bored and end up spending tons of cash on overpriced airport beverages and snacks. My flight is supposed to land in Winnipeg at 8:44 pm, it probably won't be on time. I've never even been on a plane before (except in Heidi's dads little two seat'r, which was amazing!) so I don't know what to really expect from this flight. I guess it's a learning experience.

This morning I started packing my stuff up, the room looks so empty now. Oh well. I took a walk up to the lake and sat down on the stone beach. The water was as clear as glass, the sky cool blue. The mountains were perfectly illuminated in the morning sun, with absolutely no haze in the foreground. It was a little cold out so I was wearing a coat, but that is to be expected in October in the Rockies. There should be two feet of snow on the ground right now, but I'm not complaining at all, I love it. I took the path back, jumped the river and went into the Taj to say a last goodbye to its familiar walls. I walked next to the river after exiting the building that was now directly behind me, the fireplace being my next destination. We have a huge fire pit here with four benches surrounding it, the pit was stocked with wood for the next fire. There was bottles on the ground from the last fire pit, left behind from either a drunken individual or the lack of light at 2:00 am in the middle of the Rockies. I took the path that connects the staff house and fire pit together, it weaves through the woods to get back instead of going around to the Taj. There is a low swampy area that has old boards and the occasional door lied across to construct a shabby looking bridge. I love that bridge, it's just so makeshift it makes me laugh.
I continued on my walk through the woods to the staff house, and here we are. I have to go to finish packing now, see you all soon.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Now that you're back from Num-Ti-Jah, how about some pictures from Num-Ti-Jah.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mark said...

You've given up on this thing have you?

Ah well, it's just about time to clean up my Google Reader anyway.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! 

I need help with my crappy computer! It is always freezing when i open IE and going to MSN? What do you think?

By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

See you soon! Girly Girl 



[color=#475][url=http://consumer-paid-surveywgeidhrw.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there 

Wow, I've found the same to be true too!  Where did you get that at?  

Bye, - MyGirl! 



[color=#475][url=http://get-paid-surveybsjseygvx.blogspot.com]see how I make free money with paid online surveys[/url][/color]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home